Saturday, December 1, 2012

I just now realized all my blog posts weren't actually posting.

Kinsler Jay Wiseman is here and doing great now. He was born at 5:48pm. 7lbs 8oz. About 20 or 30 minutes before I had him I was able to feel everything. This was my third delivery and I had never felt pain like that before. His head was sideways so they rolled me onto basically my stomach to get him to turn and they upped my epidural twice. After 15 minutes it took effect and it was smooth sailing from there. (Longest 15 minutes of my life though) ;)
The doctor came in and told me it was time to push and I could feel nothing at all since they upped the epidural so high. I literally felt nothing. When the doctor asked if I wanted to see, I thought she meant see his head crowning or something so I answered no. (I had my eyes closed to concentrate on pushing). When I opened my eyes for a second to ask if I should try to push again the doctor was holding him wiping him off. My first words were "I already delivered him?!" With that I heard his first cry.

No comments: