Friday, November 30, 2012

It's go time...

This is Karen.

When they called this morning to tell me I was bumped to tomorrow I honestly was ok with that but baby K had other plans. I had a few contractions starting at 6am. BJ left for work at about 9:30am and before he could get out of the neighborhood I was already calling him back home because my contractions were getting stronger. By 10:30am my mom and BJ convinced me to call my doctor to get checked. I was afraid they would think I was faking to sneak back onto the books for today. :)
On the car ride here I was about to tell BJ to turn around and go home when I was hit with the biggest contraction I have ever had. Needless to say, I let BJ drive me all the way to the dr.
When the dr checked me I was dilated to a 5 with a bulging water bag. I was sent straight up to l&d. I am waiting now for blood work to come back so that I can get an epidural. They had 4 nurses try to get blood... They finally got some.
I'm now dilated to a 6.... Contracting now. It hurts!

Sorry for any typos. I'm in labor, cut me some slack.

No comments: